Friday, August 10, 2012

Let the Creativity Flow

Okay, I'm slow sometimes with doing things I intend on doing.  Like working on my blog, writing in general.  I hate writing at times because it requires me to articulate something in a more understandable manner so that most that "might" read it can understand it.  I don't really expect many to look at it but it does give me a chance to share things and if nothing else, maybe my kids will take the time to look at it from time to time.  I also noticed that there is potential to make books from these blogs and it might be something I do later down the road for my kids.  I will have to give that some deep thought I guess.  

So what am I going to write about in this blog.  Well I thought I would share a few photo's of some of the projects I have been working on, currently working on or even have finished.  I don't know if I will take the time to write about each one as I place photo's of them here but at least I will give the pattern name, who the designer of the pattern is.  Got to make sure people get their just due acknowledgement due to copyright laws and stuff.  

So without further adu lets get on with things.  

First project I want to share is: 
I made this scarf for the love of my life.  It has a polar bear placed on it too. I am thinking about going back to change the outline thread color to white though.  I'm not sure i like the black around it.  It seems to take away from the polar bear itself.  
This was the first time trying to make something like this with the bear. I used a pattern but modified it so that it could work for the desired effect I was looking for.  It seems that the original patter is now missing but I didn't really go stitch by stitch by the pattern because I had something in mind and the pattern doing it the way it wanted just didn't fit that criterea. I think my husband is very happy with his new scarf too. I'm excited about seeing him use it this coming winter too. 
I used two different white colors to give this effect and I used black to make the eyes and the nose. As I said I also used black to attach it to the scarf and I'm not real happy with it.  SO I probably will change it out to white and deal with there being white on the back side of the scarf. 

Okay onward to project 2: 
                                                 Wedding Square - 12" (Melinda Miller Designs)
                                                    http://mocrochet.blogspot.com/

I did this square as a tester for Melinda Miller.  I enjoyed doing it and it was a little challenging but I also think it was challenging a little because of all the mixture of colors I put into it.  There is only one variegated color used in this.  The rest are solid colors that I rotated.  It was a lot of fun. 

Onward to Project 3
                                                   Cherry Dishcloth by Lily / Sugar'n Cream 

The title of this design says dishcloth but I decided it would be a hot pad instead.  It makes more sense to use it for that and besides, it will look pretty hanging on a wall hook.  I enjoyed making this pattern and it turned out pretty good.  I again only used one variegated color while rotating with one other solid color. 

The next blog I write relating to my crocheting hobby will have more about projects.. I am closing this one for now.   Hope you enjoyed the shared items. 

No comments: