Friday, March 30, 2012

Kriston's Poem to her deceased fathter...

Poem written by Kriston about her dad.

23 July 09

Daddy

Daddy if yo could say just one thing, what would you say?
Would you say that you love me, or would you say that you're
sorry? Would you tell me that I am your world? daddy, daddy,
daddy. Just one thing, just one thought. What would you say?

You left me with such quickness, I had no idea you were
even gone. you never said goodbye, you never kissed my cheek.
You showed me your sadness, then you were gone forever.

Daddy, if you could say just one thing. what would it be?
would you tell me that I"m beautiful? Would you tell me you're
proud of who I've become? Would you say you're sorry for leaving
me alone?

You never gave me a chance to tell you how I feel. You never
gave me the chance to share my world. Daddy, why did you
have to leave so soon? Daddy, I miss you, I need you.
here I find myself searching for strength.

Daddy, If I could say just one thing. This is what it would
be. Daddy, I'm sorry I was bitter. daddy, I have always loved
you. I wish you could see the person I've become. Daddy, tell
me that you're proud, tell me that you love me.

Daddy, if you could say just one thing, what would
it be? Would you tell me that I"m worth it? Would you
tell me that I''m strong and that I can do anything?
would you tell me that you're proud to be my father?

Daddy, I miss you. I wish you could come home. If I just
had one thing, it would be to bring you home with me.
Daddy, why did you leave? I'm slowly forgetting your
voice, I"m forgetting all I want to keep and remembering
all I want to forget. daddy, why did you have to leave?

I wish you could hear all I have to say. I wish you
were here to say that it will be okay. 

Daddy, I know that you would be so proud of me. 
Daddy I love you, I never meant to hurt you.

IF you could say just one thing, what would it be?

Kriston copyright 2009


This is what he's missing now....
                                                          They both are so beautiful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a good poem. Your daughter and granddaughter are beautiful.

kimiikins said...

Kris has wrote quite a few poems over the years and some of them are quite good not to mention a little deep too.

Thank you for your compliments too. I think they are beautiful too. :P It's so strange to see her as an adult with her own daughter to raise.